The Five Best Razors for Teenage Guys in 2022
Topic: Best Razor for Teenage Guys
So you just started to grow facial hair and need to start shaving on a regular basis. Finding the right razor to start out with can be a strange process as a teenager. This is why our team here at Mr. Manscape decided to create a list of the five best razors for teenagers. All of these razors have been tested and reviewed in order to find the best razors for beginners.
There is a mix between electric and cartridge razors throughout the list, as well as a wide price range from super inexpensive to about $80. We will go through the pros and cons of each design in order to give you enough knowledge to choose the best product for your individual shaving needs. Let’s find the best razor for teenage guys.
Electric Razor Design
The electric razor design is a modern design that can be used with either wet or dry skin. In this type of shaving method, there is very low risk of nicks and cuts which is why it is so useful for younger guys. The cons of this method is that you won’t get a super close shave and aren’t able to exfoliate your skin fully. For a shaving method that is quick and easy, an electric razor will do the job.
Cartridge Razor Design
The cartridge razor design is one of the most popular choices for men. Generally, this design is relatively inexpensive and involves shaving cream. After a certain number of shaves, you can replace the cartridge with a new one and get a super close shave. The downside with this option is that the cartridges can get expensive over time, also, there is a higher risk for kicks and cuts than the electric razor. Overall, this is another great option for beginners that need consistent razor to rely on.
How to Shave
Check out our full shaving guide for more information.
Step One: Wash your Face with Warm Water
- Take a Warm Shower
- Wash your face with warm water for about 30-60 seconds
- Pat your Skin dry with a towel
Step Two: Get Your Skin Ready
- Find a Shaving Cream that you love.
- Gently apply the shaving cream, keep rubbing it onto your face until a thick foam or lather is present.
- Make sure every spot that you want to shave is covered by your shaving cream
Step 3: Warm the Razor
- To get your Razor in optimal condition for your skin, you should let hot water run over the blades for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Once you feel that the razor has been warmed up enough, it is now ready to glide across your skin in the safest way possible.
Step 4: Start to Shave your Face
- Start near the top of where your shaving cream is, it is recommended that you start with small strokes.
- Make sure that you shave with the grain, meaning that you shave in the direction the hair is going, which usually just means shaving down.
- Wash your razor blades as needed, if you notice lots of hair in between the blades, take a second to run it under hot water to rinse it off.
- Make sure that you have shaved every area where shaving cream was applied.
Step 5: Protecting your Skin Post Shave
- As soon as you finish shaving your face, immediately wash your face with cold water. This will help to keep your face moisturized so that it doesn’t become too dry.
- Pat your face dry with a towel, make sure to be very gentle while doing this.
- Once your face is dry and clean, apply either an aftershave lotion or a moisturizer if you have one.
Step 6: Preparing for the Next Shave
- Make sure to thoroughly wash your razor so that it doesn’t get dirty.
- Put away all of your shaving supplies in a clean and safe place.
The Top 5 Razors for Teenagers
This electric razor by Philips is the best choice overall for teenage guys. You can shave with or without shaving cream and in or out of the shower. It has a three pivot head design in order to shave every angle of your face fully. There is also a convenient pop up trimmer for trimming up your sideburns or other areas of your face/body. For an electric razor that has all the features you need and is perfect for beginners, the Philips Norelco Electric Razor is device you want to use.
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver
- Three Pivot Heads
- Pop-up Trimmer
- Wet or Dry
- 60 Minute Battery Life
Harry’s is a relatively new company that makes an incredible cartridge razor for men. The razor has a rubberized handle, five-blade cartridge design, and a blade cover to prevent anything from damaging the razor. Since it is a cartridge blade, you will need to use shaving cream to shave with it. Harry’s includes their own foaming shave gel in the starter kit that will protect your skin from any irritation, nicks, or cuts. If you prefer a cartridge design over an electric razor, then the Harry’s starter kit is perfect for you.
- Includes Shave Gel
- Close Shave
- Flexible Hinge
- Blade Cover Included
- Two Blade Refills
3. Philips Norelco OneBlade
At number three we have another electric razor from Philips. This one is the Oneblade, a recent release from Philips that has proved to be a promising product in the electric razor department. This razor provides a safe shave that is not too close to the skin. This means you will be safe from nicks and cuts but will not get an extremely close shave. The blades last a long time, you should be able to get 3-4 months of use from a single blade. There is also a two year warranty included. If you’re looking for an extremely inexpensive electric razor, the Norelco Oneblade is the device you need.
Philips Norelco Oneblade
- Long Lasting Blade
- 45 day risk free trial, 2 year warranty
- 45 Minute Battery Life
The Gillette Fusion Five is a cartridge razor that is a great option for teenagers. In general, a single cartridge can last you up to one month and save you lots of money from replacing cartridges often. One of the best features is the lubricating strip on the cartridge to leave your skin moisturized. For a long-lasting cartridge razor that will help you achieve a close shave, pick up the Gillette Fusion 5.
Gillette Fusion 5
- A Single Cartridge Lasts One month
- Thin Blades
- Lubricating Strip
- Pivoting Razor to Hit Every Angle
Last but not least on the journey to find the best razor for teenage guys, it is the Hydro 5 razor.This is a very inexpensive cartridge razor design that is easy to use. The main advantage of this razor is that it has a row of hydrating gel pods. These pods contain coconut oil and work to prevent dryness and irritation post shave. There is also a flip trimmer in the cartridge to help you reach narrow areas of your face. For a hydrating cartridge razor that is very inexpensive, get the Schick Hydro 5.
Schick Hydro 5
- Hydrating Pods
- Flip up Trimmer
- Skin Guard
It can be hard to choose a the right method to shave as a teen. However, with the right information, the process becomes much easier. Any one of these five razors will work very well for teens. Both the electric razor and cartridge razor designs cater toward beginner shavers, that is why we included both methods throughout our list. It is up to you to decide which one you prefer.
For other information and reviews regarding products in the manscaping space, check out our articles. If you were able to find the best razor for teenage guys, please share this article with others.